By: Mikaylin Hackley
Guys can be so clueless. Girls are mysterious creatures and we know the male brain just can’t handle the crazy. Here’s a few tips we wish you already knew.
1. If you notice something different about us, say something. Even if you don’t know exactly what’s changed, we appreciate the effort because we took extra time to impress you.
2. Guys can do things to each other that girls find down right cruel. We can take a joke, but you just can’t make fun of us the way you pick on your guy friends.
3. Nine out of ten times, we don’t care about video games, cars, or rappers that aren’t cute. You don’t want to hear about shoe deals and lip gloss, so let’s just do each other both a favor and not make each other want to take a nap.
4. As I’ve said before, we read into things extremely hard. Be clear with actions please. If you’re flirting, just flirt. Most girls need some extra reassurance once in a while that it isn’t all in our heads.
5. This applies mostly to people who are already together. Don’t think too hard about Valentine’s or birthday gifts. You don’t have to spend your college fund on a diamond necklace, just give us something that shows us you care. (Homemade anything is a total winner.)
6. We love fear and vulnerability. There is nothing more adorable than being nervous and embarrassing yourself around us. Don’t bother trying to be fearless, use your fear as a weapon. We are suckers for nerves.
7. If we make even the smallest move ever, meet us halfway. It’s so hard for us to put ourselves “out there,” so if we do, help us out a little!
8. Don’t be gross. It’s not funny. Ever.
9. Most girls are extremely insecure around guys. Never, ever, ever, NEVER, tell us if you think we’re dressed weird, or our hair looks crappy. We will carry that around with us forever and always feel panic when you see us.
10. Take all of this with caution. I’m not like all girls so I tried to keep this general but some things just don’t apply to all of us. I guess my parting words of advice are to play it by ear because not all ofus are the same.